Welcome to a Place of Grace for You...read and take courage!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Consider...

As I was washing my hair one morning, I heard myself think - "I'm doing pretty good considering the circumstances."  While on the surface, that may seem to be an encouraging thought, the underlying drift of the thought was to consider the circumstance...consider what so and so said...consider how I felt about it.  The Holy Spirit immediately said to counteract it with, "Do not consider those things.  Instead, consider what I say.  My Word is truth, my Word changes circumstances and my Words triumph over the enemy's lies".

Consider means "to pay attention to", "to give credence to", "think about" and "give reverence to".  When I consider the circumstance (which is temporary) instead of considering His Word (which is eternal and will change the circumstance), I give up the mercies that the Lord has set for me.  God's mercies are new every morning.  There is a fresh supply of everything you need for that day, week, month and season.

His mercy contains everything humans have need of.  I have a choice every day and every moment of my life of what I'm going to consider - I can consider His word, His truth and His grace for the situation OR I can consider how I feel, what I see, what so and so said and the lies of the enemy that he artfully camouflages to look like one of my thoughts.  The enemy's lies are "lying vanities" which means "empty, profitless, useless, devoid of worth / truth and futile deceptions".

The Word says,"Those who observe (consider, look at, revere, give attention to) lying vanities forsake their own mercies."  When choosing what I will consider, I recognize I need His mercies!  So considering lying vanities, condemnation, guilt - all the yucky stuff the enemy brings all day long - will cause me to forsake (refuse, renounce, quit, abandon) my own mercies from Him.

Notice these are my mercies - His mercy meant for me for that day or season or hour.  His mercies for me are part of my goods, my inheritance, my provision.  By considering His Word - the truth - instead of what I see, feel think or surmise; I get to hold fast my mercies.  I get to utilize the mercies given to me - I get to enjoy them.

The cycle of defeat starts when I consider - pay attention to - believe what the enemy says.  It begins with just a few thoughts, but soon I am burdened down with worries, fears, condemnation, discontent even plain old grouchy.  The defeat ends the MOMENT I consider God.  I start praising Him, thanking Him, reiterating what He has said and very quickly I am bolstered instead of burdened and the enemy is fleeing!  Remember your five smooth stones that will slay ANY and EVERY giant that comes against you.  Stone #1 - Praise, stone #2 - Thanksgiving, stone #3 - Praying in the Spirit, #4 - A merry heart and stone #5 is loving.   Your mouth is the sling that gives these stones velocity, force and aim.

I am a "considerate" person meaning I consider what God says, not what the enemy says.  I give reverence to His Word, not my enemy's words.   That's what "fear the Lord" means - to have respect for, give reverence to, His Word.  I consider God's Word more than what I feel or see.

1 Samuel 12:24 says, "Only fear (reverence, honor His Word) the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you."


No comments:

Post a Comment