Welcome to a Place of Grace for You...read and take courage!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grace prayer

Today at our grace Bible study we prayed this prayer which was taken from a podcast by Joseph Prince.  It so beautifully captures the acknowledgement of Christ's finished work on Calvary and expectation that faith and hope bring into our lives.

"Father, I confess Jesus is my Lord and Savior today. Lord, you are the head of my life. I completely yield myself to you. My will is now your will, my plans are now your plans. As a new creation in Christ Jesus I accept the gift of righteousness and all that gift includes- health, prosperity, peace, joy and life abundant. I put aside every weight and the sin that so easily besets me and I now look to Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. According to your Word, I can now reign in this life as a king. The power of sin and death in my life has been overcome. No longer am I ruled by the forces of evil, but by the God above all gods. I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me. I determine today to walk conscious of my right-standing with you, Lord. And with every step to draw closer and closer to you. Thank you for the gift of righteousness. Because of that gift, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Amen."

Use your mouth to bring these truths to the forefront of your mind and your hearing ears.  Call those things that you hope for...call those things that be not as though they were.  Call on the NAME of the Lord and you will be saved (in the Greek "sozo" which means saved, healed, rescued, prospered, protected, provided for, delivered).  The word confess is used several times in this prayer and it simply means "to say the same as" or "to say along with" God.  You are saying, along with God, what Christ has done on your behalf.  By this act of faith in what HE says, you are receiving the grace that Calvary supplies.  This is you using your tongue to speak life.

Come hear about the abundant life that grace brings.  Our Bible study meets every Thursday (July 12th is our next meeting) from 10am-12pm at Zion Christian Church in the south lobby.  Excellent childcare is provided.  We are studying "Unmerited Favor" by Joseph Prince and books will be available for purchase ($9) at the Bible study.  If you have any questions about the meeting, just leave a message below.  Hope to see you there and share with you the power of grace!


No comments:

Post a Comment