Welcome to a Place of Grace for You...read and take courage!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Surrender All...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!


“I Surrender All”.  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh…STOP!  I can only guess what has already run through your mind. Growing up, it seemed this song was always used as a guilt trip of sorts. It was used at youth rallies, consecration services – you get the picture.  The connotation was that people were holding back from giving their all to God and it was time to get to it. I used to think that if I gave it all to God, He might send me to Africa (a dream for some, not my cup of tea) or life would have lots of horrible things and I would have to be ok with that because I had surrendered all to God.  The sense was almost like, “you selfish person you – surrender to God because He wants you to and you’d better not wish for a wonderful life because God is sovereign and does as He sees fit”.  I’m sure the people leading had great intentions, but wow – it was stressful to me and I always felt guilty like I had not surrendered properly and God was tapping His foot just waiting for me to fully surrender.

Stick with me here and see surrendering all in a brand new light.

We were in our Sunday morning worship service today and I was remembering a few dear people who were sick and the enemy was also supplying other distressing thoughts of lack, need, etc.  Almost reminding me of how it appeared that God had not come through and worry was necessary on my part in order to properly process the situations.

The worship leader started singing “I Surrender All” and BAM! The Holy Spirit spoke in my heart. He encouraged me to surrender all, but not what you’d think.

He encouraged me to surrender the worry, the concern, the condemnation, every thought from the enemy, every picture of defeat – surrender all of it to Him.

And I did.

What a relief!

I sang those words in a whole new light. The song that had always brought guilt was now a song of FREEDOM! Jesus was asking if I would choose to surrender all the yuck to Him so I could be free and I agreed!  He was asking to me rest so He could work.  Surrender is a place of rest.

So from now on – I surrender ALL!  Every time the enemy brings up things beyond my control, or flashes images of untoward circumstances or any other concern…

All to thee my precious Savior, I SURRENDER ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I Give To Him What I Just Can't Handle. He Knows before I Even Say It. He's Got This.....No Worries......

    ReplyDelete